Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This Is How We Do It - 2011-12 Curriculum Choices

Not Back to School Blog Hop

WHEW! Well, this has been one journey for us as a homeschooling family. We graduated our oldest in 2010 (he's off to Bible College next month) and here we are, at it again for Round 2 (and 3 for that matter).
YES, just when I'd started to count down the years for our oldest, God had "other" plans. To my surprise, God would add to our family, not one...but TWO new little ones 14 months apart.
So, here we are now with two wonderful boy blessings, ready to start this journey of discipleship once again.
Having homeschooled for the past 13 years, we've tried MANY different methods of "schooling". It would take just about that long for us to FINALLY tune in to our family's philosophy for schooling as a whole. We absolutely love Charlotte Mason's methods of learning and discipling, as well as literature based studies with Living Books. We may throw in a Unit Study every now and then for supplementation, but we all know that nothing and no one (other than God Himself) is a better teacher than this thing we call LIFE. So, with ALL of that said, our plans for this year are as follows:

1. My Father's World Kindergarten (for both boys)
2. Handwriting Without Tears Pre-K and Kindergarten
3. Horizons Math K (for both boys at their own pace)
4. Alphaphonics (for both boys to enhance their reading levels)
5. Plants Grown Up (for Bible and Character training)

That's the CORE of what we'll be digging into this year. There are other resources that I have in which we will pull from to supplement here and there, but for the most part, we are SUPER excited!
Here's a peek of what I had in reach and I pray that you all have an absolutely fantastic take off and landing this year. Don't mind the turbulence along the way, it's ONLY temporary! The reward is so great once you reach your destination.




1 comments:

MamaDuck76 said...

I found you through the MFW Bloghop. I've decided to follow a few MFW kindergarten bloggers as they go through their year, as I'm considering MFW for next year. (My boys are currently 3.5 and 2 years old...)

Anyway, thank you for sharing your school year. We look forward to being a "fly on your wall" as you go through MFW kindergarten! :)